Friday, July 8, 2011

Presentation is everything...well almost!



I currently have a finished piece,framed, matted wired, etc.; I'm just not happy with. I usually present my finished graphite work in a simple black frame and white mat. The black and white treatment compliments the drawing and creates a clean professional look.

Due to time and money limitations as well as the size of the piece,
12 x 17 inches, I had to search my local thrift store for a comparable frame. The frame is good quality with a nice finish, but not suited for my work. Unfortunately at the same time I decided to experiment with a different mat treatment as well. Well lets just say the overall look was a disappointment and leave it at that!

What to do?

After some thought I have decided to refinish the frame black and replace the mat with my usual white mat board. I will be documenting the process step by step for you.


To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment