Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quote of the day - "Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working."
Pablo Picasso
Spanish Cubist painter (1881 - 1973)

Where does inspiration come from? Many times I have been inspired as I worked on a piece. Suddenly my muse comes along and beats me about the head and shoulders with a creativity stick! It is like "brainstorming". One thought leads to another and another and another and so on.

I keep a notebook in which I write my daily "to do's" and I also jot down any ideas that come to mind. My list grows almost on a daily basis. It grows all the time. I keep it for those times when I just don't know what I want to do next. At these times I open my list and read through my previous ideas. Some are good; some are bad, but I will never hit a wall as far as inspiration. Who knows...there could be a masterpiece in my list just waiting to be created.

Happy Drawing!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment